Rise of the Rune Lords
Travelling cloak of elven resistance +1
Traveller's cloak + Elven cloak + Cloak of Resistance +1
A plain grey-green hooded cloak made of thick, water-shedding gaberdine. The material is surprisingly dull in color and smooth to the touch. The cloak is calf-length and has a grey strap at the shoulders to fasten it closed. The hood is very deep, allowing for most all of the face to be covered when it is pulled up. It has two small inner pockets. One holds a metal flask and the other a wrapped package of trail rations.This cloak provides the following bonuses:
- When this plain gray cloak is worn it provides a constant +1 to all saving throws.
- With the hood drawn up around the head, the wearer gains a +5 competence bonus on Stealth checks.
- Upon a command word the cloak becomes a one-man tent.
- The wearer resists cold as if affected by an endure elements (cold) spell.
- Three times per day, the wearer can reach into one of the pockets of the cloak and pull out trail rations sufficient to feed himself.
- From another pocket, the wearer may withdraw a stoppered 1-quart metal flask that produces either pure cool water or sugared hot tea. The flask produces up to two gallons of liquid per day. The flask only refills if placed back in the pocket of the cloak; if separated from the cloak or wearer, it has no magical properties.
Cloak of Elvenkind Traveller’s cloak
Aura faint abjuration, transmutation, conjuration, illusion; CL 5th
Market Price 4,900 gp (+1)
Weight 1 lb.
CONSTRUCTION Requirements Craft Wondrous Item, resistance, invisibility, creator must be an elf, endure elements, create food and water, enlarge, creator’s caster level must be at least three times the cloak’s bonus.
Built for the Sihedron by the temple of Iomedae, this cloak is the combination of three popular cloaks readily available to the wealthy of Varisia.